Thursday 14 February 2019

Art Journal Page for Scrap Matrix DT

Hi there, I wanted to share my second creation for this months challenge over at Scrap Matrix - again I have done an art journal page that took on a like of its own!

I was given the following supplies to create with:

Dylusions Paint - Bubblegum Pink
Dylusions Spray - Crushed Grape
Dina Wakley Paint - Lemon
Aall & Create Stamp
13 Arts Stencil - Galaxy

I wanted to use the transfer image process so I stamped the image onto cardstock, scanned it into my computer, enlarged it and printed it out.   I the adhered it to my art journal pages using Finnabair Matte Medium and left it overnight to dry



Once dry I gave it a good wetting with water and began rubbing the paper away to reveal the images.



Now it was time to add to the colour.  Using both the paints and the sprays and water I went to town


When the paint was dry I used white gesso as a contrast.   I thought it needed some more contrast and decided to use black gesso and the 13 Arts stencil - OH BOY WHAT A MISTAKE


my beautiful page had disappeared - never fear I thought - add more white!


NOPE - I just wasnt liking this - so I had an idea - and I added more paint marks


and then ripped both the pages out of my journal - luckily there wasnt anything on either side of the page!   I used Paper Artsy stamps and created flowers from the torn out pages, which I was able to put around a new page that I coloured with the paints


Here are some close ups:







Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you are inspired to create a project and enter into this months Limited Supplies challenge.  It is easy to enter - just upload a picture into our Facebook Scrap Matrix Shares page and tell us what products you have used.

Til next time - happy crafting


No comments :

Post a Comment