Saturday 9 February 2013

Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge Week 4


Cant believe I have made it through to week 4.  This week was all about canvas, stencil or masking, misting and/or painting.  I did a canvas of my wedding.  I have been meaning to do something with my wedding photos but never found the right thing or time. 10 years later I have created this canvas.

I started with misting colours – I used smooch spritz frosted grape, ice rink, gingerale and a mist that I had previously made but no idea what was in it!  Whilst still damp I blotted with a paper towel and sprayed some more.  Whilst damp I then applied my first stencil with gesso – the hearts.  In hindsight I probably should have used some thicker paste.   I used gesso to attach a paper doilee at the side.  I then really wanted to use the bead gel but I didn’t have any so I mixed some beads with Liquitex Gloss Gel and made my own.  I then set this aside to dry overnight. 

 I then set about making my embellishments.  I used some blossoms cake decorating flowers which I coloured with distress ink – dusty concor.  I also coloured some Green Tara flowers with milled lavender and dusty concord distress markers and sprayed perfect pearls on.  The swirly bits are from Samantha Walker die cut – Ornate Artisan Tags and Accents which I coloured with Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord distress inks then embossed with sparkling embossing powder.  I did this also to the tag. The ribbon was also soaked in distress stain and dried.  The pins in the ribbon I made myself using beads and Floral greening pins cut in half.  The brown wire behind the flowers, which is difficult to see, is also from the florist department – cloth covered wire. 
 With my canvas dry I added some more paint – I painted the rises on the stencil with smooch paint – snickerdoodle and the edges of the canvas with Viva Precious Metal Colour Gold and Mother of Pearl.  I also applied these paints randomly on the canvas.  I also added a little more green misting.  The bling is from Prima – say it in crystals.  I put it altogether with a hot glue gun and I don’t want bits falling off over time when it is hanging on the wall.  I have added some close up photos for you 






No comments :

Post a Comment