Sunday 28 April 2013

BLUE FERN STUDIOS APRIL SKETCH CHALLENGE

I created the following page based on the sketch provided at Blue Fern Studios:



Here is my take on the sketch.  It is an old photo I found of my parents on one of their trips to the UK.  Based on the clothes, I would say around the early 1980's


I cut the strip design behind the clock on my cricket from the Paper Lace range and the brick wall stencil on the side.  These both were coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks - vintage photo, bundled sage, broken china, fired brick and frayed burlap.  I then used dimensional magic to highlight the bricks.  The tag was created with the same colours but in the distress stain range and added antique bronze and tarnished brass.  On the clock I first applied gesso and then painted it with antique bronze and tarnished brass distress stain.  I then used some bundled sage and black soot distress stains around the edges.  The flowers are highlighted with Viva precious metal Gold and Bronze colours.  Here are some close ups:






1 comment :

  1. Look at all of the flowers around the clock! So very beautiful as is your entire page. Love how you colored the chipboard too. Glad to have you joining us in the Blue Fern Studios April Sketch Challenge! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete