Tuesday 15 October 2013

BOY MEETS GIRL DT OCT 15 CHALLENGE

On the 15th of every month AAG has a challenge on the Boy Meets Girl Challenge blog and this months challenge is all about TEXTURE.

Here is my DT submission.  This is a night out where we had to dress from the 80's.  Couldn't find the "flashdance" leg warmers anywhere so had to knit up a pair which i was still knitting whilst we were driving the 3 hours to the venue!!!!



On the bottom layer I used modelling paste and a Prima stencil.  I then colored this using glimmer mists (unfortunately the photos don't show the shimmer!).  I randomly stamped around the edges creating another texture.  The next layer, I again used modelling paste and a Prima stencil.  This time I tinted the modelling paste with silks acrylic glaze in pink grapefruit before using it.  The lace at the bottom of the page was coloured with metallic grape gelatoes.  Flowers are a combination of Prima and I am Roses.  I added another layer using chipboard, first coated in gesso and then inked with the silks acrylic glaze.  The other emblishments are all from Bo Bunny Noteworthy die cut pack.

Here are a couple of close ups:



Thanks for stopping by and dont forget to check out all the other DT entries at http://boymeetsgirlchallenges.blogspot.com.au/ and have a go yourself.





No comments :

Post a Comment