Wednesday 24 May 2017

12x12 Layout for the Scrapbook Boutique

Hi Everyone, I am on the Scrapbook Boutique blog with a layout that I created using a photo of some flowers in my garden.  I used to have a lovely garden but without the time to get out there and being allergic to ants and bees we are slowing reducing the garden variety to limit the maintenance.



I have used the fantastic paper from 49 & Market Heirlooms Botanical Collection.  This paper is super thick and can withstand alot of mixed media.   I do apply clear gesso to the entire sheet as I like the inks to pool and dry and not soak into the paper.




I have created the close ups using different computerised coloured backgrounds to show the different effect they can have on the layout.


I have used the Nuvo Mousse - Mother of Pearl through a diamond stencil on the background.  Once dried I have sprayed Lindy Stamp Gang sprays and Magicals around the area of where the photo will be.  I did apply water to them so they would spread around the layout.  Once it was all dry I have used the Kaisercraft Marble Stamp with a Stazon Ink Pad in Timber Brown


The flowers are Blue Fern Studio.  I have coloured the Art stones with Lindy Stamp Gang Magicals - Raspberry Lemonade and Cotton Candy Pink.  This is fiddly but looks great.


I stamped the Kaisercraft Brick Stencil stamp onto the background and used Stampendous Embossing powder.  I love this stamp as I dont want a super clean image and it is more grungy.


The Wood Veneer title is from the Cocoa Vanilla Wild at Heart Collection.  I covered it with gesso using a sponge to get the bumpy finish.  I then painted it with the Lindy Stamp Gang Magical - Raspberry Lemonade.

I have linked the products used to the Scrapbook Boutique shop below.

Thanks for stopping by and til next time - Happy Crafting :)





1 comment :

  1. I love everything about this page Lynn. Th background, the colours, the flowers, it's just stunning. xxx

    ReplyDelete