Thursday 22 March 2018

art journal page and 12x12 layout for Scrap FX

Hi everyone, Lynn here to share with you an art journal page I have created and a scrapbooking layout for Scrap FX Design Team.  I have been inspired by this months awesome new "numbers" products.  I love random numbers and letters and begin with my art journal page:



I began with colouring my art journal first with lighters colours  of Dylusions Paints - lemon zest and pure sunshine

Once the first layer was dry, I have then applied darker colours - Squeezed Orange and Tangerine Dream


This next step - or 4 I got a bit excited and forgot to take step by step photos!!!!  I used the number stencil and a wet wipe to lift up the top layer of paint to reveal the light layer underneath.  I did this until I was happy with the effect.   I have then used black acrylic ink and the script stamp and using gel medium glued down the torn up dictionary paper.


Here are some close ups:
I have used Cherry Pie Dylusions Paint as a contrast and to blend everything together.
The alphabet letters have been embossed with black embossing powder.


I have used the heart stamp and white Dylusions ink randomly on the page and outlined very loosly with a paint pen.
The black marks are where I have used the chipboard as a stamp and black ink prior to embossing the chipboard



The words are from the Teen Advice Transparency and outlined with a white paint pen.


Products Used;


For my next project I have created a 12x12 scrapbooking layout



Here are some close ups:






I have used the Words of Wisdom stencil and Whipped Spackle after I coloured and stamped my background.




The selfie and flourish chipboard have been embossed with gold embossing powder.


The Girl Squad was been embossed with Stampendous Embossing enamel - Shabbby Blue

Products used:

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to create this coming weekend :)

No comments :

Post a Comment