Thursday 19 March 2020

DT Art Journal Page for Scrap Matrix

Hi everyone, I am up on the blog to share my second page for this awesome month - Paper Artsy month over at Scrap Matrix.

I have used Jo Firth Young Stamps - I am so in love with these at the moment - the quirky flowers are really speaking to me

Here is my art journal page


This page started off as a "mop it up" page.  This is where I had brushed off excess paint onto a blank page.  

I decided that it looked like the wind going in a direction and would incorporate that in the placement of my "Flowers".
I had gaps to fill in the background and used Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paints in Bubble Gum, Cherry Red and Zesty Zing  colours.  I have then stamped out the images from JOFY74 as the head of the flower and the stem from JOFY75.


I then got very excited and forgot to take photos!!!!  So I will have to tell you instead!

I have coloured the flowers using Dylusion Paint Pens, as well as a Posca Paint Pen for the White areas and highlighted some of the black areas using a  Tombow Twin Tip Marker Pen 


I have also made some marks around the outside of the page to give it a border.


I have taken some close ups which I will detail the extras that I have done (note is now on my desk - "TAKE MORE PROGRESS PHOTOS"!

I have used the White Posca Paint pen to add some white highlights to the flowers and scribbles around the edge if the page 



I have added some detail back into the leaves with a black pen.


I have stamped a saying from the stamp set EKC28 by Kay Carley



Well - thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have found some inspiration from my page to create an art journal page, layout or project using a Paper Artsy product and put a photo into our Scrap Matrix Shares Page to be in the draw to win a gift voucher - it is that easy :) 



No comments :

Post a Comment