Tuesday 19 May 2020

You Got This - Art Journal Page for Scrap Matrix DT

Hi Everyone,  today i am sharing with you an art journal page in my Dylusions Art Journal that I have created for this months challenge inspired by Tanya Froud and her recent fantastic live FB tutorial on the magazine transfer for Scrap Matrix.


again this is based on the moodboard for this month, which I LOVE:


I first applied gesso to the page and then began applying the colours to the page - I have used Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays - Cheddar, Lime and Lemon 


I have used a Finnabair Stencil - Wild Berries and Dina Wakley Heavy Body Paint - Tangerine.  I have applied this with a make up sponge - make sure you use very little paint or it will blob under the stensil.


I have then adhered the magazine image face down to the paper using Matte Medium and left overnight to dry.


The next day I have applied a spray of water to the transfer and rubbed, and rubbed and rubbed - little by little it comes away and reveals the image.  DO NOT rush this process, relax and enjoy the paper transformation.

I applied Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paint - Snowflake and Kaisercraft Stained Glass stencil to rub back the paint.




I have then repeated the same thing but this time using black paint


For the finishing touches I have coloured the eyes, lips and added a title and some scribble around the picture.  

Here are some close ups:




I loved doing this page and getting messy with the paint.  I hope that you find some inspiration and enter this months challenge at Scrap Matrix.

All the details are on the Scrap Matrix Shares facebook page - but it is super simple to do - create a project, upload a photo of it to the right album in the FB Group and let us know what products you used that Scrap Matrix sells - Easy Peasy and you could win a voucher to buy some awesome products.

Til next time - happy crafting

No comments :

Post a Comment