Sunday 30 April 2017

Canvas for Memory Maze

Hi everyone, well it is the last day of April and the colder weather is going to set in here in Tasmania - which I love - more crafting time and less outdoor gardening!!!

Today I am up on the Memory Maze blog and have created a canvas for you.  This depicts a heart closed in, embraced  and restrained by elements.  I have used my favourite colour - purple and green as an earth tone.



I started by placing selected items onto the canvas panel.  I have used assorted buttons, metal pieces, flowers, art stones, mini art stones, Prima Resin heart, Prima Diamond Stones, cardboard and Memory Maze Chipboard pieces.  I have shown the chipboard pieces used below with a link to the store.


I adhered them with 3D Matte gel.  Once dried I gave everything a coat of black gesso.  I didnt placed the Prima Diamond Stones onto the piece until last.



Once the two coats of black gesso were dry, I coloured some white Prima wire with Dylusions Spray Ink - black marble and wrapped it around the canvas panel.

I began with my colours.  I have used the following colours:

 Prima Mica Powder - Lilac Opal Magic, Green and Gold.
Prima Acrylic Paint Sparks - Dragons Eye, Iris Potion and Raven Black.
Dylusions Spray Ink - Black Marble
White Gesso
Art Alchemy Metallique Wax - Vintage Gold

I just kept layering the colours, drying in between and layering some more until I was happy with the result.

I have then sprayed the canvas panel in areas where I wanted to sprinkle glitter with a spray fixitive and added Finnabair glitter.

Here are some close ups:






and the chipboard pieces that I have used:
















Thanks for stopping by and til next time - Happy Crafting :)


Lynn Good xx





No comments :

Post a Comment