Friday 7 December 2018

Scrap FX DT Post - Art Journalling

Hi Everyone, today I would like to share with you the contents of a Junk Journal for Scrap FX Design Team - I made the cover a couple of months ago.


I had the privilege to meet the wonderful Dee Dee Catron from America last month and she had these wonderful blocks with chipboard mounted on them to use with her Gelli plate.   So I decided to make my own.  I got my husband to cut down some random blocks of wood I found lying around his shed!


and I added chipboard pieces that I loved with Matte Medium.  I gave then overnight to dry completely (I did the matte medium on the top as well)



and then it was fun time to be had with my paints, my gelli plate and the wonderful stamps.   I created some awesome backgrounds:





Once I was happy with the backgrounds I have used some scrap FX Stamps on the pages and then using a white and black paint pen I have added dots, dashes, stripes, blogs and  marks until I thought it looked ok - that was the problem - knowing when to stop!!!!




Once I had completed the pages and they were dry I could then put my Junk Journal together inside the cover that I had previously made.





I hope that this has given you some inspiration to make your own chipboard stamp blocks, to get messy with paints and create a junk journal.

Products Used with links to the store:


Thanks for stopping by and til next time - Happy Creating :)

No comments :

Post a Comment