Sunday 28 April 2013


I created the following page based on the sketch provided at Blue Fern Studios:

Here is my take on the sketch.  It is an old photo I found of my parents on one of their trips to the UK.  Based on the clothes, I would say around the early 1980's

I cut the strip design behind the clock on my cricket from the Paper Lace range and the brick wall stencil on the side.  These both were coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks - vintage photo, bundled sage, broken china, fired brick and frayed burlap.  I then used dimensional magic to highlight the bricks.  The tag was created with the same colours but in the distress stain range and added antique bronze and tarnished brass.  On the clock I first applied gesso and then painted it with antique bronze and tarnished brass distress stain.  I then used some bundled sage and black soot distress stains around the edges.  The flowers are highlighted with Viva precious metal Gold and Bronze colours.  Here are some close ups:


Well, winter appears to have arrived here in Tasmania, and I cant complain - more time to scrap with the guilt that I should be outside doing things!!!

I have completed the following card for the Swirlydoo's Round Robin Card Challenge - April -

The twists we had were:

use "YIN AND YANG" (you know like a card with two sides, black vs white, good vs bad and so on).. that is the first twist... 

For the second twist I would like to see some letters on your card, any kind of letters ...
and for the last twist I would love it if you dug into your old kits and found out all those kit leftovers (or other leftovers)... use your scraps.... 

I used all scrap paper to make the background and rolls. The doilees are cut from a stencil, the chipboard i paint and embossed with sparkle glitter - which did not shine as much as i liked so added some Ice Stickles.

The flower was cut from the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers Die Cut and edged with puff paint.  I then added some Viva Precious Metal Silver paint on the edges.

A close up of the flower:

Sunday 21 April 2013


WHITE WITH 1 April Challenge required to complete a page using their sketch and Yellow.  This is my submission

I used Mustard Seed distress ink and stencil for the background.  The doilee was cut from white card stock and inked with squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed and placed behind some plain cardstock.  I made the rolled flowers from layers of light and dark tissue paper.  The "stems" were made with florist wire, hot glue and beads.  The other flowers are a die cut which I embossed with yellow and green powder.  The ribbon is white ribbon died with distress stain - mustard seed.  On the tag, I painted it all with gesso, then I clear embossed a floral design and used mustard seed distress stain.

Until my next post, thanks for looking and have a great day

Sunday 14 April 2013


Using the March Kit supplied by Swirlydoos I completed the following page

The background paper was stenciled with modelling paste. The flowers I handmade and coloured with Distress Stains - Antiqued Bronze and Tarnished Brass and I soaked the ribbon with the leftover stain on my mat.  The tag was also done in these colours.  I painted some of the butterflies with Silks Acrylics Glaze - Olive Vine.

Here are some close ups:

Thanks for looking

Saturday 13 April 2013

Swirlydoos SCG Challenge - Scrap your age

I did this page for the Swirlydoos March SCG - Scrap your Age - Monochrome

I started with a thin cover of gesso on a page from the Prima Marketing Engravers Collection paper.  I then used a Donna Downey studio stencil and modelling paste - tried a new one Delta Texture Magic and was very impressed.   Sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Jazz Blue.  One random areas around the page I applied Glass Beads.  The tag and stamps are from the Graphics 45 Place in Time paper. The Chipboard pieces were covered with gesso, misted and then I applied Distress Ink - Faded Jeans and topped off with Liquid Pearls - Ocean Blue

Some close ups:

Thanks for looking

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Swirlydoo March Sketch Challenge

I have completed the following page using the Swirlydoo March kit and their sketch Challenge

and a close up:

Thanks for looking :)