Wednesday 15 February 2017

**** NEW DESIGN TEAM****** Memory Maze Chipboard - 12 x 12 Project

Hi,  I am SUPER excited to be announce that I am now part of the Memory Maze Design team and for my first project I have created a 12 x 12 board to hang in my craft room.






I had my husband cut a piece of mdf 12x12 - I was going to apply alot of mixed media and hang it on the wall so I wanted something sturdy.








I began by randomly applying torn up dictionary paper, book paper, and wrapping paper.  I covered this with heavy white gesso, wiping back areas so the papers still peeked through.

On top of this I then applied white crackle  paste.



Once the crackle paste was dry I covered it with acrylic paint - I  used Cobalt Turquois Fluid Acrylic from Golden Paints.  Quickly before it dries I wiped and rubbed so all I was left with was the colour in the crackle and bumps.   I then also applied some Bone Black Fluid acrylic randomly on the crackles and wiped away.



I have painted all the chipboard pieces with white gesso.  I used the crackle paste on the centre of the doily and embossed the edges with White Embossing Powder and then a sparkle embossing powder on the top.



I paint the small wrought iron flourishes with white paint


The butterflies I painted with the Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint - Cobalt Turquois




The black chipboard in the photo is the centres on the circles on circles chipboard.  I embossed them used Stampendous Aged Black Embossing Enamel




The Crackle on the chipboard tag was created by painting the Cobalt Turguois on the chipboard.  Once dry I covered it with Deco Art Crackling Medium and set that aside to dry.  Once dry I painted the tag with White Paint and left the crackling medium do its job.





The chipboard title - Love - was covered with the Aged Black Embossing Enamel.

Here are some more close ups:





Thanks for stopping by and I cant wait to create another project for you all.  

Lynn Good






















1 comment :