Wednesday 8 August 2018

Two art journal pages for Scrap Matrix.

Good morning everyone, today I would like to share not one but two projects that I have created for this months AALL & Create challenge at Scrap Matrix.

I recently received as a gift a small Dylusions art journal and couldnt wait to use it.  Because it is small in size (8 x 5) I have decided to create two different pages.



My first page I created was using the AALL & Create Stamp # 81 by Olga Heldwein. I love anything butterfly so had to get this one!  I was that excited that I forgot to do step by step photos!  I did remember on my second page!

I have used Paper Artsy Fresco Paints - China, Smurf and Blue Oyster.

I have stamped the butterfly image onto the art journal as well as a second piece of cardstock.  I then coloured in the butterflies with Vivid Paint and fussy cut them out.  The middle butterfly I also covered with Dimensional Magic.  I have then added a saying that I loved on the left and larger writing on the right. Some doodling and my page was complete - I think I was having a bold and bright day!










My second page I have created is using the stamp #7 by Bipasha BK



I began by painting the page with Dina Wakely paints - Cheddar, Ruby & Sedona
 Blending them with a wet wipe as I went


I have then stamped all over the page with the saying stamp in the set in a grey - I have used the second generation stamping method (stamp the first image onto a scrap of paper and then stamp onto the journal without re-inking the stamp) as I was looking for a very "background" look

I have stamped the feathers onto a separate piece of card stock using a purple stamp pad and fussy cut them out  - I wanted some dark and some light so used the same technique  - second generation stamping.


I have then stamped my head image directly onto the art journal page and adhered the feathers underneath using gel medium.  Once dry I have gone around the edges with a watercolour pencil.

I have encircled the head with the words in the stamp pack and then hand written a quote - 
I have used the saying that I found on the internet as I think this often applies to me LOL

I have also added a stripe of washi tape down the centre to cover the blue paint from the page beside, and inked the edges with Black Distress Crayon.

Here are some close ups - and at the bottom of the blog I have linked the products used to the Scrap Matrix Store.





Well that is all for me today.

I hope that you find time and inspiration to enter our challenge this month.  You do not need to do a blogpost - simply enter you photo into our Scrap Matrix Shares FB page in the relevant album in the photo section - and dont forget to tell us what products you have used that is available at Scrap Matrix.

Products Used:


Thanks for stopping by and til next time - Happy Crafting







No comments :

Post a Comment