Thursday 4 October 2018

Layout for Scrap Matrix Design Team

Good morning everyone.  Today I would like to share with you a layout that I have made for this month's challenge at Scrap Matrix.

I loved this challenge because there are so many possibilities - so many ways to interpret the moodboard.



This month I have chosen to scrap a picture of an old leather letter holder that used to belong to my granddad.  Inside it are letters that I received from my friends in New Zealand when I moved to Australia.  They date back to 1989.


As the letters were older I decided to do the layout in a more traditional way - without all the mixed media.

 I have used the 7 Dots Air Mail Collection Kit



I have ripped up from of the paper to make some layers in which I can slip the tags into - on the back of the tags I have done my journaling as I dont like to have my journaling on the internet - to me it is more personal.

I have distressed the edges using a paper distresser and Tim Holtz Distress ink 



I have then added some stamping in the background - I have done some assorted stamping around the layers and added some more tags around the photo.


I have then added some tags, stickers, words and shapes that come with the collection kit

Image result for 7 dots air mail7 Dots Studio - Air Mail - Word Stickers7 Dots Studio - Air Mail - Tags



Here are some close ups:






I hope that you get a chance to enter the competition this month - All you have to do is create a layout, art journal page, card, canvas etc and upload a photo to our Facebook ScrapMatrix Shares page.

I hope this has inspired you to get crafty!!!

Til next time ........

Image may contain: Lynn Good, smiling, close-up and text

No comments :

Post a Comment