Sunday 4 November 2018

Art Journal Cover for Scrap Matrix DT

Today I would like to share with you my project for this months Challenge at Scrap Matrix - Metals and Petals.


No automatic alt text available.



When I saw what the challenge was for this month, I was super excited.  I just love to create these projects - whether it be on canvas, board or like today as an art journal cover.





I have created this on  my small Dylusions Album




I have glued everything down except the bulb - that goes down last. I find that the Finnabair Matte Gel is great for most items - anything that requires a depth of gel it is better to use Finnabair Heavy Body Gel.  I leave this to dry naturally.  You can use a heat gun but as I often have two projects on the go at once I tend to work on my other project whilst it dries




Once dry everything gets covered with black gesso and then the colouring can begin - this is the exciting part!

I have used Prima Art Alchemy Paints.  I start with the colour that is going to be in the background and then build the colours up layer by layer. 






Once I am happy with the colours, I then add the finer details - highlights with Prima Art Alchemy wax,  glass beads, micro beads, sequins and the light blub which I have painted the back of with the Art Alchemy paints.

Here are some close ups:















Products Used:



This is such a fun month - so many options - and you have until the end of the month to enter. It is super simple - just upload a photo of your layout into the Metals and Flowers Album in our Scrap Matrix Shares page and tell us at least one product that you have used that is available in the Scrap Matrix store.

I hope that you find time to enter - I would love to see what you create.

Til next time - Happy Crafting :)


No comments :

Post a Comment