Friday 1 February 2019

Steampunk Canvas for Scrap FX DT

Today I would like to share with you a canvas that I have created for this months "Steampunk" theme with Scrap FX

Motorbike riding was a big part of my boys lives - the both competed here in Tasmania and many hours were spent preparing, practising and racing.  

This canvas is in memory of that.


I began by setting out my composition



Once I was happy with the basic layout I took a photo of it to refer back to later as they never seem to go back the way we first plan!!

I have then painted the canvas and all the chipboard pieces with black gesso.
Once dry I have used gloss medium and a stencil to create some background effects.


You can heat dry this or wait patiently! (it is all clear when dry)

I have used Finnabair matte medium to adhere all the chipboard pieces to the canvas.  I have added some fillers - beads, buttons, bits of metal etc.

Once all dry the fun begins with the colours - just keep adding til you are happy!

Here are some close ups:





Products Used:


Fractured Time         

                                                                         
Fractured Time MEDIUM - Click Image to Close 




                                    Pulley - Click Image to Close


                                                                             Chain and Clip                                                                                                                                            
Chain & Clip - Click Image to Close





                                                            Intersections stencil - Click Image to Close                                             
Springs                       
Springs - Click Image to Close





                   
                                                                               Motorcross Theme Pack - Click Image to Close                          
Thanks for stopping by and til next time - Happy Crafting :)

No comments :

Post a Comment