Friday 14 June 2019

art journal page for Scrap Matrix

Good morning everyone, today I would like to share with you an art journal page that I created for this months challenge - Art by Marlene.

I had just been to the classes held my Marlene and had an awesome time.  I love the way she creates characters out of combining stamps and I thought I would give this a go:


I have used a Art by Marlene Tags (I have cut this one down a little and punched holes in the side so that I can add it to my Art by Marlene Journal

I began by adding white paint and a fluro green paint to the tag and scraping around with an old credit card.  I have then placed TCW Stencil designed by Marlene over the top whilst the paint was still wet and wiped with a baby wipe.  This gave me some texture without the layers.


I have stamped the two images on a separate cardstock.  This is actually a page out of the journal.  As I was away when I created this, it was the easiest way for me.  In future I would use the watercolour paper that Marlene has released - it is so thick and smooth one side and rough the other.  Here is the link - watercolour paper pad 


I have coloured the images with Art by Marlene watercolours and fussy cut out.


I have stamped some triangles around the tag from the Stardust Brightens stamp set and added some cut outs on the edge.  These came from the Die Cut Sheets.

I have stamped the saying from the same stamp set - Stardust Brightens and used water colour paint.

I have adhered everything down using matte medium

Here are some close ups:


I have coloured the stars with white Posca Pens



I have used the white Posca pen to add some more details on the cut outs.





to highlight the fish I have used stickles on the hair follicles (not sure what they are!!!)




This is  a wonderful month - there are some many products that Marlene has produces - you can see what is available here 

So why not enter this months challenge - you could win a guest spot or a shopping voucher with Scrap Matrix.  All you have to do is upload your project to the Scrap Matrix Facebook Shares album and let us know what product/s you have used that is available from Scrap Matrix.

Til next time - Happy Crafting




No comments :

Post a Comment