Tuesday 19 April 2016

OTR April Tutorial



Hi there - I would like to take you through a photo tutorial to create this layout that I did for Off The Rails Scrapbooking  (just a warning - you might want a cuppa as it is a little lengthy but hopefully informative !)




I have used Blue Fern Studio Paper - Love Story and a The Crafters Workshop Stencil with Whipped Spackle.  Once this is dry I have used Distress Paints (Broken China, Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick) around the textured areas.





To create the effect I have dabbed the paint onto plastic (use an old bag your embellishments come in) and then spritzed the paint with water.  Turn upside and place the plastic onto the layout.  Dry with a heat gun - it generally pays to dry between colours, although the Tim Holtz paints dont blend together.






I have used an Indigo Blu Stamp - Raindrops and Lindy Stamp Gang Embossing Powder - Borgainvillea Red Teal randonly around the painted areas.







Randomly stamp around the areas with black ink and a script stamp



For the photo matt, I haved used Bo Bunny Country Garden paper and inked the edged with Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick.  I have cut different size pieces and stapled together.



I have made all of the embellishments other than the chipboard as follows:

The butterflies. 


 I have dabbed the three distress paints used earlier randomly onto the card and spritzed with water.


Move the card around until the blend and you are happy with the colours


Stamp the butterfly images onto the painted areas and fussy cut out


For the flowers - I have used a Deep Red stamp and Embossing Powders




Then I used a water brush and Distress Inks to colour them in and fussy cut out


The chipboard has been inked in black and embossed with sparkle embossing powder



 The title embossed in blue embossing powder.



  Now you are ready to put it all together layering the flowers in and around the photo mat.



I hope that you found some useful tips in this tutorial and thanks for stopping by.  Dont forget to have a go at this months wonderful water colours challenge here at Off the Rails Scrapbooking

Until next time Happy Crafting


















No comments :

Post a Comment