Thursday 21 November 2019

Art Journal page for Scrap Matrix DT

Hi everyone,  I am back with another art journal page that I have created for this month's challenge - Powerful Blooms


Here is the inspiration for this month:


Image may contain: plant

I began this page with a complete blank and thought I would see where my inspiration took me.  
When I have these days I always find it easier to use my "go to" colours - Orange, Red and Yellow.  They instantly put me in a good mood!!!!!   I have added a red and purple as well.

In my Dylusions Art Journal I have used Paper Artsy Paints in the following colours:

Eggplant
Zesty Zing
Tangerine Twist
Bubble Gum
Cherry Red


I have then used my fingers to spread the paint


I always put scrap paper behind the pages I am working on as I am a messy worker and end up with paint on the other pages - no matter how hard I try not to!!

I have used stencils and Paper Artsy Purple Rain and Snowflake paint and to add some "texture" to the page

Stencils used:



TCW330 - Numbers



I felt it needed more - maybe some bolder shapes so I continued on


While I waited for this to dry I started on the flowers.  I have used JOFY stamps for the images.
I tore a  piece of paper from the Dylusions Journal - I love this paper and alway tear from a middle page so I dont have random pages falling out!!


And the colouring begins - I find this part very therapeutic.  I have used Prismacolour Pencils for the flowers as that is what I had in my stash - but any colour pencils will work.  I have used fine tip black ink pen for the stalks and around the petals.


I have fussy cut the flowers out and added them to the page with Finnabair Soft Matte Gel - I use this as I like to add shadowing with the Big Brush Pitt Pens and the Matte Medium prolongs the drying time of the pens. (any matte medium works fine for this)


I have stamped a quote from the stamp set - Paper Artsy JOFY72 onto cardstock


Finishing touches include the Big Brush Pitt Pens around the flowers to create shadows, Stabillio ALL pencil close around the flowers, White Posca pen to create marks in the background and on the flowers, and Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges of the page.




I hope that you have enjoyed this small explanation of my page and find some inspiration to enter this months challenge - there is still a week to go - all you have to do is upload a pic of your project to the Scrap Matrix Shares FB page and tell us of at least one product that you have used that is available from Scrap Matrix.

Til next time - Happy crafting




No comments :

Post a Comment