Sunday 19 July 2020

Mini Madness - Little Album for Scrap Matrix

Hi - back to share my second project for this months Mini Madness for Scrap Matrix!




I find making these little albums very therapeutic!  When I have an event and take alot of photos, I print them out 8cm x 6 cm and they fit perfectly in here with room to journal.

I start with book pages, butcher paper, A4, Cardstock - whatever I have- and even some cut offs that I have made for other projects.

I use a Gel Plate, stamps, stencils and mark making tools to create the pages:


Whilst making this page I also painted a little canvas - I will show at the bottom of the blog what I did on this.


I have used Paper Artsy Paints and a combination of stamps that I have in my stash.


Some I leave white space as they provide a great contrast in the book.


This one is a combination of stamps, toilet roll ends, and Tim Holtz carve tools


Stamping into ink and also using what is on the stamp to place the opposite image.




Once I have completed enough pages I cut them to fit inside the book.  The size you make is entirely your choice - the bigger you go the more paper you will have make!




To make the cover, I have used some heavy duty cardboard and made two covers and a spine, which I have joined with a sticky backed paper.

Once all pages are cut, create two signatures and attach with waxed thread.






I have added some silk ribbon to the spine to hide the waxed thread


Some pages I have made longer so they can pull out and hold more photos.  I have also used paint pens to add some marks and details




I have painted the inside and outside of the covers with Paper Artsy Paints and covered with pages that I created.



Now it is all ready to add some photos :)

I hope that this has inspired you to have a go - little albums on the coffee table are always a hit with visitors!

Oh and the little canvas - I have created this for my husband to place by his computer :






Lynn Good




No comments :

Post a Comment