Sunday 20 December 2020

Xmas cards for Paper Artsy

2020 Topic 22:Icy Christmas




Hi everyone, iI'd like to share with you a set of cards that I have made for this weeks topic "Icy Xmas" for Paper Artsy.

I chose to use images from the stamp sets EDY25 & EDY26 by Darcy as I just love their quirky nature.  I wanted to make simple but fun cards






The top two cards have a background that I created. This was to be the beginning of my project but as usual it took a turn on its own and turned out completely differently!!!

I made the background using Smoothy cardstock  Heavy 340 gsm.  I started with a layer of Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Paint - Cloudy and a metallic paint in Silver.  Before the paint dried completely I have used a heat gun over the metallic paint to cause it to bubble and create this wonderful effect - I was thinking of snow and ice at the time.  (This only works with metallic based paints)





I have painted over it with Paper Artsy Fresco Finish - Blue Moon and before it dried, wiping away the paint on the bubbled areas that I wanted to highlight.
I have then covered the whole piece with Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Crackle Glaze for an extra effect.




 I loved this effect and spent a couple of days deciding what I was going to do with it!!!  I decided to use it as background for cards.

Using the same smoothy cardstock I have stamped out the images and added highlights of colour.  I have used the following colours:

Smurf
Banana
Beanstalk
Limelight
Slimed
Candy Floss
London Bus

I have added some bling dots, liquid pearls and puff paint for snow.
 
Here is each one:








I hope that you have found some inspiration to have a go at these quick and easy but great Christmas Cards.   They would also work well as tags for presents.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope that everyone has a wonderful and safe Xmas and New Year.  2020 has certainly not been what we expected and fingers crossed 2021 will be kinder to us all.

Lynn 




No comments :

Post a Comment