Friday 16 April 2021

Free to Fly - Art Journal page for Paper Artsy

 2021 Topic 4: Free to Fly






Hi everyone, it's Lynn Good with you today, and I'd like to share with you an art journal page that I created for the topic "Free to Fly"

I loved the Kay Carley stamp set of the flowers (EKC45) and thought that with a dragonfly would certainly capture the topic.




I began the page by applying gesso to the page as this would allow me time to play with the paints before they dried.  I have then added Paper Artsy Paints - Southern Skies to the pages and using stencil PS060 and a wet wipe, removed the paint though the stencil.

 





I continued this across the page using the following paint colours - Ochre, Cayenne and London Bus


I love the effect this gives- same stencil, same pattern but different colours





to blend all the colours together I have used gesso with a pallet knife




I have then added the flowers from stamp set EKC45 along the painted areas and the butterflies at the top of the flowers.






the Dragonfly is from stamp set EKC24 and was stamped onto tissue and then added to the page and coloured with fluro coloured pencils. For the final touch I have added faux stitching around the entire edges.






I love how the paint colours pop out - this is an effective but easy page to do, so i hope I have inspired you to have a go.

Til next time - happy crafting 

Lynn

No comments :

Post a Comment