Wednesday 24 December 2014

LETS GET SKETCHY MAGAZINE SUBMISSIONS - SPECIAL CHRISTMAS EDITION

Lets Get Sketchy have got a Christmas Edition of the online magazine.

I created a couple of holiday layouts from our holiday way back in 2008 when we did a 5 week caravan holiday from Tasmania to Queensland.


This photo is of my son at Currumbin Wildlife Park.  We visited zoo's and wildlife parks on our journey as Sam had at the time a strong desire to become a vet.  His love for animals continues, but now at 18 he has changed his mind!!!!

Here are some close ups - I have listed the products below the close ups




Papers - Bo Bunny 
Petaloo Flowers
Fussy cut butterflies from Kaisercraft Paper
Chipboard – Dusty Attic
Kaisercraft Project Life Cards
Cotton
Kaisercraft and Scrap FX Stamps

The second holiday layout I created is from the last day of our holiday when we were about to board the boat back to Tasmania.  Bucketing with rain, gail force winds, we drive around the last corner to the boat and the wheel fell off the van breaking the bolts.  We had one hour to spare, and at that time I was very pleased my husband is a mechanic and managed to do a make shift repair so we made the boat!



and again some close ups:


The chipboard clocks and cogs have been painted with Inklingz Paints and then Dusty Attic Rusting Powder applied.  (loving this new product I got!)


The stencil is from Crafters Workshop and I have used a crackling texture paste.


Products used:

Paper – Bo Bunny
Chipboard – Which Craft Do you Do, Kaisercraft & Dusty Attic
Distress Ink
Crafters Workshop Stencil
Prima Colour Bloom Spray
Kaisercraft Collectables

Dusty Attic Rusting Powder

We were also asked to create a Christmas Layout using non christmas colours:


This is a photo of my Dad's animals.  My step mum is an amazing animal trainer and she often creates a photo for Christmas cards with her pets!

Here are some close ups:


Loving the prima products in this layout!  Here are prima flowers and a prima resin - I have painted the resin with Inklingz watercolour paints.




Products used:

Paper – My Minds Eye
Tim Holtz Ideaology rubons
Prima resins
Inklingz water colours
Scrap FX chipboard
Paperfields Doilees
Prima Flowers

and the last layout is a winter layout - this photo is of our letter boxes at the end of our street, when it snowed at the start of summer


I used a Prima Stencil and modelling paste, then applied Shimmer Paintz spray.  The chipboard is from Which Craft Do You Do and I have used Puff Paint to create a snow effect.

Here are some close ups:






Products used:

Little Yellow Bicycle Lace Paper
Bo Bunny Paper
S.E.I. Chiplets
Chipboard – Which Craft Do you Do and D-lish Scraps
Prima Flowers
Shimmerz Paints
Prima Stencil
EK Success Punch
Puff Paint
Glitter Glue

Thanks for stopping by and dont forget to check out the magazine. You can find the link at Lets Get Sketchy Blog


1 comment :

  1. Wow......Your layouts are amazing, such fabulous work! I've enjoyed my visit :) Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete