Monday 22 January 2018

Steampunk Canvas and ATC's for Scrap FX

Hi everyone,  today I am up on the Scrap FX blog sharing some steampunk ATC's and a canvas.  Steampunk would have to be one of my favourites!
To begin - here are  the 3 ATC's that I created:



I began by using a gear stencil and 3D gloss gel over some black cardstock 


Once that was dry I have used Finnabair Mica Powder to add colour


Once dry, I have used black gesso with a brayer over the entire card

I have coloured some ripped up bandages with Dylusions inks

The chipboard has been covered with white gesso and then Finnabair Art Basic waxes applied with my finger.
Here are some close ups:

Scrap FX Products used:


My next project is a steampunk canvas:

For this I began the same was as the ATC's - I applied 3d Gloss gel through a stencil (two) and once dried I completed covered with black gesso
I have then glued down some lace and plasters tape
Again, another coat of black gesso.  I then began placing all the elements where I would like them to go.

Once i was happy with everything I glued them down and painted everything with black gesso.  Now is was time to add the colour.  First colour was Finnabair Metallique Blackberry




I then added Finnabair Metallique Midnight Sky


Then Steampunk Copper and finally Deep Waters.
I have applied some mica powders randomly around the embellishments - Lilac Opal Magic, Blue Opal Magic and Gold Opal Magic.
Some final touches with metallique Wax - Rich Copper and Opal magic wax - Blue velvet and some micro beads and it is all done.
Here are some close ups:

Products Used:









I hope that I have given you some inspiration to give the steampunk theme a go.  Til next time - Happy Crafting :)

No comments :

Post a Comment