Saturday 4 November 2017

2nd project for Scrap Matrix October Watercolour challenge

Hi everyone, today to share a couple of art journal pages I have created with watercolours - Twinkling H20's for Scrap Matrix.






I have torn out pages from my Dyan Revealey art journal to create these two pages - and I will re-add them with Washi tape later.  I recently attended Dyan's class in Melbourne and she advised that pages should be torn out of the art journal as if we used them all the journal would become too big and not sit flat when open.

I have used Twinkling H20's by Colour Arte to create some random backgrounds.


You need to add water to the H20's jars as well as the paper.  You will also need a container of clean water to continously dip the brush into the jar - water, water and more water to get the colours to react and blend next each other without creating mud.

Dry between colours that you know will make mud

I have then used the same watercolours through a stencil applying with a sponge. By using the same colours you get a layered effect that blends well together.

Once I covered the entire page and it was dry I began adding stamps.  I have used Paper Artsy Stamp by Tracey Scott and Dylusions Stamp - How does your Garden Grow.

Once the stamping was dry I have doodled around the layout and added some Tim Holtz quotations.

Here are some close ups:







I have listed the products used with links to the Scrap Matrix Shop below:

Art Journal
13 arts Stencil
Carabelle Stencil - circles 
Dylusion Stamp
Tim Holtz Quotations

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have found some inspiration in my pages.  Dont forget, if you want to be in to win a voucher from Scrap Matrix, have a go at this months challenge and create a layout, art journal page, tag, or card and upload it onto our facebook page - Scrap Matrix Shares to be eligible - it is that simple :)

Til next time - Happy Crafting




No comments :

Post a Comment