Saturday 11 November 2017

My first Design team post for Visible Image

Morning everyone,  I am super excited (and nervous!) today is the day that I reveal my first project for the design team of Visible Image.  Never did I imagine I would get onto such an awesome team! 

 The month of November is all about tags so I have created the following tag:


I have started with a premade tag that I have had in my stash for a very long time.  I covered it with book and music paper and then a coat of gesso and a few areas of White Crackle Paste.  I then stamped the butterfly from the set Own Kind of Beautiful   As I wanted the stamp to be in the background I applied another coat of gesso on top.




I have then applied colour to the tag using Distress Oxide Inks - Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber.  While I had the inks on my mat I also dyed some ribbon for the top of the tag.  



While I was waiting for the paint to dry I stamped out six butterflies using the Distress Oxides. Three of these I applied dimensional magic on the top which would become my top butterflies.  




I have then sewn around the edge of the tag in straight stitch and in random areas over the top of the straight stitch with a zig zag.  I have left the ends of the cottons a little long to add texture.  I then stamped the sentiment using the Own It stamp


It was now time to put the card together.  I have layered the butterflies, putting some cotton in between and stamped some random flowers using the smallest flower in the Create It set.


I added some bling and the ribbon at the top for the final touches


Here are some close ups:




Products Used:








Thanks for stopping by and until next time - Happy Crafting :)





2 comments :

  1. Stunning tag, absolutley love the colours and those gorgeous butterflies, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great debut Lynn! I loved reading how it all came together - an absolutely gorgeous tag. Congrats on being on the Visible Image DT.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete