Monday 27 October 2014

CREATIVE POST BLOG HOP

You may have noticed that there have been many people participating in the Creative Post Blog Hop.  I am on two design teams with the very creative Cindy Porter and she has tagged me, so here I am!!

So what is this I hear you say? Well it has been going for a while now (as I found out when I tried to tag a few other arty folk for this post) and it entails answering a few simple questions to get to know me a little better, then I will tag some other crafty peep to keep it going the following week.

So here goes:

What am I working on Now?

I am currently completing a layout for my next reveal at Scrapbookit and a canvas for my sister-in-laws birthday this coming weekend - yep I am behind time on this one!!!!

How does my work differ from others in my genre?

This is difficult - I do not compare my work to others, but I do get inspiration from many scrapbookers.  I fight to get the end result some get....   My layouts can be very different depending on what I am doing or what I have to work with but there is always some form of mixed media involved.

Why do I create what I do?

I have always done something - my first kindergarten photo was of my doing paper mache! Most things have come and gone - string art, macrame, rug making, canework. Scrapbooking has been my one constant for the past 12 or so years.  I think because you can combine photos with art and you get a keepsake that can be handed through the family. One day my boys (or their partners probably) will be interested in the stories that each page tells.
Then there is the other side - I find it relaxing, a wind down from my job, and a social life that brings people from all over the world together.

How does my creative process work?

It usually starts with something new - a stencil, a kit I have been sent, a new ink....  I then chose a photo and the page begins to assemble based on the photo or the sketch/mood board I have to follow.  If I get a block, it is off to pinterest and youtube to get the creativeness flowing!  Once I have finished the layout, I tend to sit on it overnight, cos I always find something to add to it the next day!


Well that is me done - I am tagging Brenda with whom I am on the Scrapbookit Design Team.  I hope you pop over to her blog next Monday for her share in this Creative Post Blog Hop.

Til next time - happy scrapping



1 comment :

  1. Thanks for a bit of an insight into your creative process Lynn! It's always interesting to see how other people create.

    ReplyDelete